Buddhists: Understanding Buddhism Through the Lives of Practitioners (Lived Religions)
Buddhists: Understanding Buddhism through the Lives of :Practitioners :provides a series of case studies of Asian and modern Western Buddhists, spanning history, gender, and class, whose lives are representative of the ways in which Buddhists throughout time have embodied the tradition.
- Portrays the foundational principles of Buddhist belief through the lives of believers, illustrating how the religion is put into practice in everyday life
- Takes as its foundation the inherent diversity within Buddhist society, rather than focusing on the spiritual and philosophical elite within Buddhism
- Reveals how individuals have negotiated the choices, tensions, and rewards of living in a Buddhist society
- Features carefully chosen case studies which cover a range of Asian and modern Western Buddhists
- Explores a broad range of possible Buddhist orientations in contemporary and historical contexts
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Case Research into the Evolution of a Corporate University Development Process (Corporate University Solutions)
Die Infiltrationsfähigkeit im Rossbacheinzugsgebiet (Dortmund): Untersuchungen im Rahmen der Aktualisierung der Regenwasserbewirtschaftungsartenkarte für die Emscherregion